Wednesday, October 18, 2006

grrrrr

You know what bugs me? The poor state of "help" in the virtual world. It seemst that every time you click the help link, you end up sending a form to some address that responds with completely nonsensical information. This weekend I noticed that my email quota was WAY over. So I deleted some stuff, but the message hasn't gone away. I deleted everything new and it didn't go away....so I emailed the help people and then got three emails from them over the course of the next three days.

The first was a message saying they'd recieved my question. The second, I noticed today (three days after the last message) had an answer. The last message I got two days ago asking if I still needed help. At the time I didn't think I'd recieved any help and replied saying as much. Anyway, I was looking through the emails again today and realized there WAS a response covered in much garbage. I'd just missed it. So ISSUE 1: Why can't programmers program out the garbage that makes the emails completely nonsensical. I don't give a rat's ass about how the message is stored on your server. Get rid of it!

THEN, then, I read the message. And guess what it was. "Hi. Here is a link describing ways to stay under your quota. If you still have a problem, phone us." Well thanks. Considering I specifically mentioned in the email that I wasn't over my quota, added stuff, was over, removed it all and was still over, clearly I dont' understand how to stay under my quota. Plus, I checked out the site. It was even worse than I expected...."This means that you had too much data in your inbox." And that's about as helpful as it got....it then went on to explain why the email gets deleted but not why you might get an over limit message if you had almost nothing in your account. Awesome. ISSUE #2 - read the frigging questions sent you. Don't search for keywords. What a waste of time.

So potentially, I'm irretrievably losing mail (though since I download my mail to my computer and my inbox is always empty, I doubt it).

And to add insult.....I have been trying to sign up for online services with my medical insurance provider. They have an online form...except it tells me my insurance ID numebr is not valid....so I email them using thier handy dandy form....and get an email back with the instructions about how to sign up for online services....thanks. Cuz you couldn't tell from the message where I described step-by-step what I did, that I had done all that.

Why is the world too busy to do anything properly? Why must we go through three layers of red tape and annoyance before maybe solving a simple problem. Arg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home